About

enyorança (p: [ə ɲu 'ran sə]) - catalan: n. a state of longing

Chronicling the ex-expat life and the desire for something greater. Experiences, thoughts, and ideas formed because of a former lifestyle that's disappeared. Global culture, domestic lifestyle. Consolidated into an outlet that may or may not be interesting to anyone else. Also a kind of travel blog because sometimes I go places. All photography is mine unless credited otherwise.

dimecres, 11 de març del 2015

Media reviews

So here's a question.  While I'm going about my job search, my parents suggested I also "get my name out there" by reviewing Spanish movies/TV/music.  I feel like it's an underrated culture in terms of media, as most people have only ever heard of four Spaniards in film: Penélope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas, and Pedro Almodóvar.  Netflix has a bunch of Spanish films and TV shows online, and I have my own arsenal of Spanish music that I could discuss as well.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to use this space for it or if I'm going to create another blog, since ideally this blog is supposed to be about culture, I just never thought I'd be doing a whole lot of reviews (aside from my review of Biutiful).

So...I guess be on the lookout for that.  Not sure when I'm going to get something up, but I'll probably sit down and write up a review sometime this week.  Maybe.  Who knows.  Just thought I'd share.

Oh, and I'm actually seriously considering going on a two-week trip to Spain in September.  I don't know how I'm going to manage it or anything, but yeah, I have a feeling it's going to happen.  We all know I've been dying to go back, especially this is officially been the longest I've spent without being there since...um...since I moved to Spain in 1997.  So yeah.  Pretty sure this is happening.

Just thought I'd share.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada