About

enyorança (p: [ə ɲu 'ran sə]) - catalan: n. a state of longing

Chronicling the ex-expat life and the desire for something greater. Experiences, thoughts, and ideas formed because of a former lifestyle that's disappeared. Global culture, domestic lifestyle. Consolidated into an outlet that may or may not be interesting to anyone else. Also a kind of travel blog because sometimes I go places. All photography is mine unless credited otherwise.

dissabte, 7 de març del 2015

City Views

Manhattan, as seen from Eagle Rock Observatory, Essex Co., NJ
This is the view from the hill right behind my parents' house in New Jersey.  It's about a 5-minute drive, a pleasant walk, and probably not even a mile away.

Basically, you can see most of Manhattan from my parents' backyard.  No matter what time of day, as long as the sky is relatively clear, anytime we run to the grocery store or leave the house for just about anything, we're greeted by a million-dollar view of the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower.

I swear there is little more beautiful in this world than seeing the skyline of a world-famous city like New York from your backyard.  I am a city girl through-and-through, and while there are definitely things to love about the country, I can never get the city love out of my system.

I could have whatever doubts I want about making the decision to move out here, but as soon as I saw that skyline, and found myself two days later in Times Square after a short train ride and slightly longer bus ride, I knew I'd made a good decision.

This view will never get old.  It's the only city in the world that cannot make me miss my life in Europe.  Words will never be able to do my thoughts justice.  I'm just so glad I have the chance to reinvent my life so close to this city.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada