About

enyorança (p: [ə ɲu 'ran sə]) - catalan: n. a state of longing

Chronicling the ex-expat life and the desire for something greater. Experiences, thoughts, and ideas formed because of a former lifestyle that's disappeared. Global culture, domestic lifestyle. Consolidated into an outlet that may or may not be interesting to anyone else. Also a kind of travel blog because sometimes I go places. All photography is mine unless credited otherwise.

dijous, 10 de març del 2011

I love H&M

I got paid for my 2-week job the other day, and because I'd seen this pair of boots at H&M that I knew I needed to have in my collection, I went out yesterday and picked them up.  They actually had them in my size, which is a feat in and of itself because nothing besides tops (which are more one-size-fits-all than pants and shoes) I can manage to find in my size at any given moment, much less when I actually plan on getting them.

So when I did find them and see a pair in my size, I grabbed them.  I always feel weird spending lots of money on things (call me thrifty if you want, I won't correct you) and always end up with a little bit of buyer's remorse after just about any and every purchase I make.  But these...I put them on and checked them out with my skinny jeans, and I have to say, I am in love.  For wanting them so badly from the first time I saw them to actually putting them on and seeing what they look like on me, I really am in love.  I can wear them with skinny jeans, which is what I'll be wearing with them the most until I can do some more clothing shopping and can find skirts, tops and dresses that will also work with them, and some lacy tights I picked up to go with them expressly (though they might work with my flats as well if I can find some other clothes to go with them).  This season I vow to revamp my wardrobe and buy clothes that are more "fashionable" and nice, since at the moment I basically live in bootcut jeans and sneakers.  I'm actually excited, though a bit daunted, since I honestly don't know what looks good on me and since I am probably the worst shopper ever since I won't buy anything unless I know that I will wear it and will like it on me.  But we'll see.  Maybe I can enlist the help of my brother's new girlfriend, who will probably be much more suited to helping me pick out clothes than anyone else I know at the moment.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada