About

enyorança (p: [ə ɲu 'ran sə]) - catalan: n. a state of longing

Chronicling the ex-expat life and the desire for something greater. Experiences, thoughts, and ideas formed because of a former lifestyle that's disappeared. Global culture, domestic lifestyle. Consolidated into an outlet that may or may not be interesting to anyone else. Also a kind of travel blog because sometimes I go places. All photography is mine unless credited otherwise.

divendres, 8 de maig del 2015

Let's Talk Women

Confession time.  I'm a woman, and I wear makeup.

I know, I know, so scandalous.  How dare I be a woman who enjoys makeup, wears between a size 2 and a size 4 (34-36 in Europe), and is of average build.  I have a fast metabolism, I'm not in shape at all, and yes, I love my morning makeup ritual.  Which isn't so much a ritual right now because I don't have much of a reason to go out in public most days, because I'll also admit that I'm lazy.

So there you go.

My whole reason for this post is that I'm sick and tired of people posting on Facebook stuff about "real women".  Real women this, real women that, makeup this, no makeup that.

Give me a break.  I am no less a woman because I enjoy wearing makeup, nor am I any less a woman because I'm a size 2-4 and still wish I could lose some weight.  The fact of the matter is, wearing makeup makes me feel good.  I struggle with low self-esteem, and have for a while, and when I started wearing makeup, the mere application of it boosted my confidence level something wonderful.  I feel like I'm creating art on my face, and playing with colors and contours and producing a final result that I'm not only proud of on a superficial level but also on an artistic one is something beautiful.  I don't care if some women choose to wear makeup and some don't.  It's none of my business.

Truth is, I don't wear makeup because someone else tells me to or because that's what society wants me to do.  I wear makeup because I want to and because it makes me feel good about myself, which is something that I very rarely experience outside of my makeup routine.  I'd rather spend money on makeup than clothes, and I'm okay with that.  If no one else wants me to wear makeup, fine.  That's cool.  But you're not going to make me become any less of a woman, any less beautiful, by telling me so.  I'm glad you're happy and content with your makeup-free face.  But don't make this about being a woman.

A woman is a woman, no matter how she dresses, looks, or acts.  It's no one's business but her own.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada